Gransnet forums

Menopause

Prolapse, UTIs, long wait

(6 Posts)
Grianne Tue 11-May-21 10:53:33

I've had really uncomfortable prolapse symptoms + a string of vaginal infections and UTIs for the last year. My GP has tried inserting peccary rings but I can't hold them in. Although she referred me to hospital gynae last August my appointment is not till the end of this August. Really grateful for any suggestions about what best to do in the meanwhile to try and manage discomfort and infections! Thank you!

mumofmadboys Tue 11-May-21 11:34:53

It may be worth ringing the Gynae secretary and saying you are in a lot of discomfort and if they have any cancellations you are willing to drop everything and come at short notice. Good luck

Grianne Wed 12-May-21 22:29:02

Thank you mumofmadboys, good idea. I'm thinking even of paying for a private appointment to see if I can get fitted with a different kind of peccary that might at least help while I'm waiting. I strongly support the NHS so it's a difficult decision....

dottiem7 Sun 17-Oct-21 14:38:43

Don't know if you are still waiting? I went privately best £200 I have ever spent! Problem sorted, correct ring size fitted. Can I either have this changed privately or in primary care every 6 months.

CShotnik Tue 09-Aug-22 07:37:09

I got a Hibbent cold water Biddet. Covid and lack of TP precipitated it!

No UTI’s
Feel fresh

BigBertha1 Tue 09-Aug-22 10:39:02

I'm sorry the pessary didn't work for you. I wondered if calling the Continence Nurse team might help- they are brilliant at all of this area.