Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Next Meetup in Conwy for Lunch

(1 Post)
juneh Sat 03-Aug-13 11:45:17

If you are over 50 and interested in meeting new people then why not come along to our next meet up Sept 6th for lunch. I am looking for a good venue, some place who can give us a round table so that we can interact without having to play musical chairs. Although that's an idea, I suppose we could shift seats every few minutes like they do in dating agencies but somehow dinging a little bell to change partners isn't quite the answer. So I am off to find a suitable venue somewhere in Conwy. I might even have to have a meal here and there, just to test things out your understand. Well, someone has to do these difficult jobs...
So far we have twelve lovely ladies we hope will want to come back to our next do and the more joining the merrier. All we do is chat at the moment and get to know each other over tea, coffee and whatever else we fancy. I thought maybe a lunch (not too expensive) would be the next leg of our meeting.
At present we are in the early stages of deciding how to progress with this first gransnet group of friends. Those who don't have or who are not offay with the internet, we could maybe start a session about how to do it. A friend of mine who is just turned 80 has got herself an ipad and loving it. I am sure I could find someone to give a few lessons if anyone is interested.
So don't forget 6th Sept at 12md (mystery venue) you can contact me on here just leave a message or put your name on the events bit of the face book page for conwy. I will also be publishing it in the North Wales Weekly News Community section.
local.gransnet.com/conwy