Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Blackpool/Lytham St Annes meet-up

(9 Posts)
seasider Thu 04-Jul-13 23:39:35

If anyone is coming to the Fylde coast on holiday and fancies a meet-up or any local ladies who would like to join us please get in touch. There is a fab teashop in St Annes that does amazing afternoon teas, cakes and scones and very reasonably priced smile

seasider Sat 06-Jul-13 09:17:31

Nobody fancy afternoon tea then?sad

Iam64 Sun 07-Jul-13 08:34:52

Seasider, I do. I love driving over to St Annes to walk my dogs on the beach, then we share a sandwich, they have water, I have a cup of tea, at a great cafe just off the beach. Would you accept my 2 four legged pals as well as myself I wonder. Last year I went to Blackpool (the nearest resort to me) but found dogs were banned from the main beach May - September. We still had a great time at the end of the beach, then we shared fish and chips - total bliss. I'll google and find out if there are beaches near to you that will allow dogs to enjoy the freedom of a beach in the summer months.

seasider Tue 06-Aug-13 00:34:42

Hi I am64. Sorry I missed your message. Would love to meet you and your dogs. I will check which bits of the beach they can go on at this time of year and sure we can find somewhere for a cuppa. Was it the beach cafe you went to? they have outside tables so it's good for dogs smile

Iam64 Tue 06-Aug-13 07:24:56

yes, it was the beach cafe. It was one of those odd moments, as I met a woman I know only through friends but had met on a craft weekend. She also has doodle dogs, and was there with hers. Serpendipity I think it's called!

seasider Tue 06-Aug-13 20:12:36

Hi Iam64 just let me know when you are coming over again and we can arrange to meet . I will try and get some local grans to come along but my dog is banned because he is very naughty when other dogs are around!

bikergran Tue 06-Aug-13 21:14:34

ooohh Love Lytham...go there a few times on my bike..my fav place at the mo. will keep my eyes logged on smile

seasider Tue 06-Aug-13 23:59:43

Hi Biker. Lytham was voted one of the most desireable places in the country to live. It is a lovely place. Do you ever go to the Monday bike night in St Annes? Would be great to see you if you can join us smile

bikergran Wed 07-Aug-13 18:04:19

Hi seaside oh I can well believed it has been most desirable....no not made the meets as yet, but we(my friend and I) did bump into one of the "gang" one evening during the week who came over to tell us all about the meet...but as yet we have not made it..but!!!! watch this space.lol...