Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Nottingham meetups anybody?

(3 Posts)
worldsroom Thu 04-Jul-13 13:26:20

Does anyone want to organise meet-ups in Nottingham? I am an active retired man living in South Nottingham. Most of the ones I have seen on this blog are some distance away from me and I am restricted to trains and buses as I never learned to drive. (Rather regretting it now in some ways but that's the way it goes).
I have two serviceable feet however and now the better weather is finally here I want to get out and about in my fell boots.

I also like gardening and am a member of the Hardy Plant Society, as well as attending various evening classes: Creative Writing and Photography mostly as well as doing odds and ends of voluntary work.

I am quite happy to travel to met people but preferably not too far out in the sticks where buses do not run or out of walking distance from accommodation if staying overnight. Speaking of which, does anyone like to see the London art galleries or perhaps see some o the shows plays down there? I like to go when I can and would appreciate some company on the trip.

Just a few passing thoughts - there may be a kindred (or more than one)out there somewhere.
David.

kittylester Thu 04-Jul-13 13:41:10

Welcome worldsroom

Have you tried the Nottinghamshire Local site. They were trying to arrange a meetup a while ago. We just had an East Midlands one at EMA airport which was fun. Keep your eye out for our next one.

In the meantime, post on any of the threads that interest you. smile

Tegan Thu 04-Jul-13 14:39:48

Think you're going to have problems with the trains from Nottingham soon, David; aren't they revamping the station soon? Like the sound of the Hardy Plant Society; as someone that can kill a plant [house or garden] at 100 paces I think I should join that. We had a Brum meet up at Birmingham Art Gallery last Autumn; I think you would have liked that [have you ever been there; lots of Pre Raphaelite paintings?]. I've just got back from Paris, where we went to the Musee D'Orsay where I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Do you watch a lot of the art programmes on BBC4? I'm sure we'll be having another Midlands meet up and the Skylink buses from Nottingham run every half hour. Welcome!