Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Glasgow in July?

(15 Posts)
Elegran Fri 28-Jun-13 12:13:15

Just received an email about a site called Afternoon Tea which has offers from a lot of places all over the country, searchable by area. Many in Edinburgh (no surprise) and several in Glasgow.

Who is interested in meeting in Glasgow in a couple of weeks times, as discussed in Edinburgh in June?

Bags Fri 28-Jun-13 14:06:57

I am!

Marelli Fri 28-Jun-13 14:10:59

And me! smile

Elegran Fri 28-Jun-13 14:14:36

Any ideas on venue? The places in the website all sound good, but I don't know Glasgow well enough to pick one over another, or suggest anywhere else.

DH and family have spoken of a nice little alley of eateries just off the Great Western Road (I think) I shall ask them for more details.

Marelli Fri 28-Jun-13 14:55:34

Maybe somewhere not too far away from bus/train stations, Elegran?

Gally Fri 28-Jun-13 15:43:33

I'll come - depending on dates.........
Back home 13th and family arrive en masse on 26th (will we be going on the bus Marelli??!!)

Elegran Fri 28-Jun-13 16:04:06

It will need to be after the 17th, then, Gally

baubles Fri 28-Jun-13 18:01:02

Sounds good to me, depending on dates of course smile

baubles Fri 28-Jun-13 18:04:59

I think you mean Ashton Lane Elegran, not handy for bus/trains unfortunately but there is a subway station on the doorstep.

I'll have a look at the website you mentioned & see if there's anywhere closer to the city centre.

Marelli Fri 28-Jun-13 18:11:17

Gally shock!!
It really won't matter where the venue is, we'll get there somehow....may get waylaid by a hostelry or two on the way though wink

Elegran Fri 28-Jun-13 18:47:00

Yes Baubles It is Ashton Lane. Fairy lights strung over a cobbled lane, places to eat and drink all down it. They ate at an Italian restaurant called Mimmos but it is now relaunched as Una Storia.

Elegran Fri 28-Jun-13 18:48:34

It is off the Byres road, not Great Western Road.

Elegran Sun 07-Jul-13 10:59:30

So we don't have a date or a venue yet to meet in Glasgow.

To start the ball rolling - I can't make it until after the 18th July, with one thing and another. After that it is possible that daughter and grandchildren will be here (still waiting for confirmation - she is not the best at planning ahead) between the 25th and the beginning of August.

So if anyone/everyone can be there sometime in the days 19th to 24th July, I can join you. If that does not suit, then I am out as far as July is concerned, and I shall leave it in the capable hands of others to organise the details.

Marelli Sun 07-Jul-13 19:29:46

I think I can do any day between those dates except the 23rd, Elegran. smile

Elizabeth1 Sun 07-Jul-13 23:09:25

Yes please but no can do the 20th it's my birthday and I have another half also who shares with me. (It's a twin thing) smile