Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Slap-up meal and front-row seat for the Hogmanay fireworks

(1 Post)
Elegran Mon 17-Jun-13 17:23:50

I mentioned our afternoon tea at the Overseas League on the Facebook page, and they have responded by answering, adding a listing on the Edinburgh site, and emailing me to say that if Gransnet need a conference room they can let us have one for free. (National meet-up? Too remote for most, I fear)

Also they are keen for me to post on their FB page, so I went over to have a look at it. There was a post still around from last Hogmanay "Few spaces for Hogmanay left. We have just had some cancellations. Cocktail, 4 course meal with wine, ceildh disco, champagne and black bun At midnight. And the finale the best view of the fireworks in Scotland. Only for £105pp. If interested please phone 01312251501"

So if anyone is interested in a Hogmanay dinner and a grandstand view of the fireworks for "only" £105 - now is your chance. Better start saving up at once. Mortgages available from your friendly bank.

If this does appeal to people, it can be done! You would need to get accommodation though, I can't see anyone getting home easily, taxis and public transport will be mobbed after the fireworks.

www.rosl-edinburgh.org/
https://www.facebook.com/rosledinburgh