Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hexham /Northumberland coffee meet up.

(9 Posts)
glassortwo Wed 01-May-13 12:57:02

Would anyone be interested in a Northumberland coffee meet up, time and venue to be confirmed.

We seem to be struggling a little on the local site so I wondered if we had some members here who didnt visit the local site they may see it here.

Register your interest here or use the link below to take you to the local site.

Northumberland local

GillieB Wed 01-May-13 17:44:01

Hi Glass, back from holidays (still thawing out, to be honest), would love to meet for coffee (or tea, in my case, as I don't drink coffee). Is work progressing well on your house now that the weather has improved?

janeainsworth Wed 01-May-13 17:51:08

I've just replied but I must have been on the Northumberland siteconfused

absent Wed 01-May-13 18:35:16

You beastly beasts. I haven't even gone yet and you are are arranging another local meet-up. I hate you all, I shall stamp my feet and then I shall go to bed for a week until someone tells me they are sorry.

Have a good time and order an espresso for absent absent.

baubles Wed 01-May-13 19:26:59

absent what about having a cardboard cut out of yourself made for us all? We could cart you about to all the meet ups & send you photographs of yourself in venues up & down the country. grin

It would be a poor substitute but at least we would still see your smiling face, you will be sorely missed sad

janeainsworth Wed 01-May-13 19:38:48

Baubles you have reminded me of the time a friend of mine who is a militant dentist (I realise the concept will be hard to grasp for some), acquired a life-sized cardboard cut-out of the Chief Dental Officer (at the time the Most Hated Dentist in Britain), paraded it at his daughter's 18th birthday party and then posted photos of the cut-out and all the grinning teenage girls on the dentists' forum we all belong to gringrin
Dear Absent you will never be replaced and we will toast your good health hopefully with something a bit stronger than coffee winewine in the tradition!

moomin Wed 01-May-13 19:48:08

baubles what an excellent idea grin you'll always be with us in spirit anyway absent

glassortwo Fri 03-May-13 12:00:13

Oh absent sorry, we will raise a toast for you on our meet up, you might be absent but you wont be forgotten. sad

gillybob Fri 03-May-13 12:25:06

baubles what a fantastic idea to have a cardboard Absent. We could take it in turns to carry it her around and make sure we always book that extra seat etc. Yes, people might think we are mad but hey ho grin

Absent How could we EVER forget you? smile