Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Perth, Western Australia

(11 Posts)
nanajovik Mon 04-Mar-13 08:55:31

HELLO Anyone local to me downunder?

seasider Fri 10-May-13 00:20:19

Hi Nanajovik . just found out my stepson starts a job in Perth in October We reckon it will take us a while to save up to come and see him so how about a meet up in about 2 years! grin

Faye Fri 10-May-13 00:57:49

Hello nanojovik I am in the Mallee in Victoria and Joan is in Qld and that's about it for Australia unfortunately. I am from Adelaide though, if you are passing through either place let me know. I would love to go to a meetup. smile

glassortwo Fri 10-May-13 07:47:35

Hello nanajovik smile Joan is in Australia not sure which area.

sunflowersuffolk Fri 10-May-13 09:06:47

My son is in Perth too, all alone, and hopefully I will visit again one year soon, so will keep a look out for any meetups arranged. Hope you find some other GNs locally.

JessM Fri 10-May-13 09:38:52

Hello nanjovik - I am in Perth area at the moment (near Fremantle) - flying home to the UK tomorrow night. Just got the the "missing you already" stage as both my grandchildren are here. sad

Butty Fri 10-May-13 12:45:05

sad Jess. Have a good trip back.

JessM Fri 10-May-13 13:36:08

Cheers butty - it will be sad to say good bye but also, after 5 weeks, good to get home.

TheReadingRoom Fri 10-May-13 15:22:18

it's a small world as my son and his girlfriend are emigrating to Perth in August + our next grandchild will be born there in October! No idea when we'll be able to visit sad

JessM Mon 13-May-13 06:01:42

Oh readingroom that is a difficult thing for you to deal with. There are threads (if you dig around) on being a long distance gran and lots of experience as well on GN.
I hope their transition to Perth works OK for them. It is a very big sprawling low- density conurbation and definitely worth taking advice on where to live from any contacts they can find. Also take advice on maternity services - my DIL just taken a job in a very small private maternity hospital and she is not overly impressed so far. Like here, no doctors on site in small private.
Hope that you will be able to start planning a visit before too long.

kebi Mon 13-May-13 19:21:54

Hi, my brother is in perth and I am visiting him in October/november time. Little nervy as not flown that far alone yet. If anyone is heading out that way around that time perhaps you could let me know and we could travel together. Was hoping to have a couple of days in singapore en route if I have the confidence. anyone going over?