Gransnet forums

Local

Good day out with grandkids

(4 Posts)
Nandalot Sun 06-Aug-17 17:31:41

Wanted to share information about a super day out we had with the grandchildren today. We went to Doddington Hall (near Lincoln) today to see the Garden of Imagination. We were with two six year olds who had fun finding the fairy village, the talking trees and other delights around the ground. The icing on the cake was that there was a performance by Rhubarb Theatre. My DGS was in hysterics at their antics. The performance was free so it made it a good value day out at £18 for two adults and two children. ( I have no connection with the venue or the theatre company so this is genuine, not an ad!) There is lots going on throughout the summer hols.
Anyone else got any recommendations for things to do with the DGC this hols?

ajanela Sun 06-Aug-17 20:51:27

Sounds great.
In the Dorset area I would suggest Moors Valley country park, adventure areas for all ages. Plus lovely walks, lake, golf course. You pay for parking but apart from Go Ape and the train ride everything else is free. ( not the golf)

My grandson also enjoyed Bovington tank museum and Monkey world is near there.

Then there is New Forest for playing and walking.
Beach/countryside walk, Hengistbury Head, Christchurch.

EnglishRose Sun 13-Aug-17 16:04:13

Well, I know Doddington Hall very well as it is where my daughter held her Reception after their church wedding in 2005! We live about 12 miles away.

There's lots to do in Lincoln, at the Castle in particular. If you are on Facebook, look for Gransnet Local page there, Lincolnshire, and I've posted quite a lot of events.

Nantastic Wed 11-Oct-17 23:52:01

Got the grand kids age 7 and 5 in October last weekend , suggestions for things to do pleeeze