Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Updates on Cost-of-Living benefits

(7 Posts)
DaisyAnne Thu 24-Nov-22 11:06:53

The second half of the Cost-of-Living Benefit (£324) is due in bank accounts from 23 November 2022. The payment will go to those who receive Universal Credit, Income-based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and Pension Credit. Eligibility can be found here

vampirequeen Thu 24-Nov-22 13:00:13

Be careful about what you read on that link. For example, they talk about £300 for pensioners but it's actually the £200 they usually get plus £100. It's not £300 of new money.

pensionpat Thu 24-Nov-22 13:19:58

The winter fuel allowance is the usual £200 plus an extra £300. And an extra £100 if you are over 80. This is per household so if you are a couple you will receive half each.
There has been extra help in the form of shopping vouchers to the value of £125. Local councils are administering the issue of these and each council can decide the method. In my area the eligibility criteria is that people must be in receipt of a council tax discount ( single person discount doesn’t count). People had to collect them from the library and they are valid for 2 years. Sadly I didn’t qualify for this but several friends have.

DaisyAnne Thu 24-Nov-22 14:09:57

Our council sent cash out rather than shopping vouchers pensionpat.

Thank you both for the warning and the clarification. One day the Government will write so we can all understand instantly smile

Franbern Thu 24-Nov-22 14:16:12

Daisyanne, my £324 arrived in my bank on 9th November. Thought most of these had been paid by now.

Pensionpat do not be too upset at not receiving any of the additional help. It was meant to be just for the most hard-up - so be grateful that you are not one of those.

HousePlantQueen Thu 24-Nov-22 15:09:30

vampirequeen

Be careful about what you read on that link. For example, they talk about £300 for pensioners but it's actually the £200 they usually get plus £100. It's not £300 of new money.

No, we are getting £500. The usual £200 plus a one off of £300. Not on any benefits, just the usual Winter Fuel Allowance, plus extra this year. Should be in bank accounts within the next week or so I think.

DaisyAnne Thu 24-Nov-22 16:36:25

Franbern

*Daisyanne*, my £324 arrived in my bank on 9th November. Thought most of these had been paid by now.

Pensionpat do not be too upset at not receiving any of the additional help. It was meant to be just for the most hard-up - so be grateful that you are not one of those.

Eek. Sorry folks. I should have put BY 23 November!!! blush