Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Credit Reports

(3 Posts)
Annapops Fri 04-Nov-22 09:41:41

Who keeps an eye on their credit report? I thought I was pretty savvy regarding these reports. Years ago I had access to one through a bank account shared with my ex. After the divorce I made sure I filled in a Notice of Disassociation as I discovered he was still trying g to use my name to obtain loans and had even changed my address to his new one. More recently I have used Martin Lewis Money Supermarket credit report check and all has been fine.
However today I noticed my bank (post divorce) has now included a credit reference report on my online website. I was amazed to discover the name of my ex, husband of 19 years ago, clearly named as a financial associate. There is also an address I am connected with where I have never lived. Needless to say I will be correcting this information today but just thought I would shout out a warning to others who have been in a similar situation to me as my ex was pretty hopeless with money. I realise there are lots of credit agencies but was so surprised to find this information on quite a long established bank account.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 04-Nov-22 09:50:29

I find it amazing that the Banks don’t contact anyone when it spots an unusual name popping up on an account held by somebody else.

Even EBay tells me when someone else tries to log in from an unusual address ( it’s me on another device ) if they can do it then we have a right to demand that Banks do it as well.

But a timely reminder to us all to check our Credit Ratings so thanks for that.

Annapops Fri 04-Nov-22 10:53:06

Timely reminder indeed Ooops, especially these days when there is so much online fraud. I was almost going to miss out checking the personal information as I was assuming it would be the same as my Experion Report. To think my bank has been using an agency with incorrect information to "check me out" over the last 10 years is pretty scary. I'm the complete opposite to my ex regarding finances and would have been devestated to find black marks on my report through no fault of my own.