Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Will I recieve my winter fuel allowance this year, missed out last year as I got my Pension end of October.

(11 Posts)
bikergran Mon 03-Oct-22 17:53:19

Last year I rec state pension birthday was end of October, I thought I would have recived the Winter fuel payment but obviously I didn't and applied for the Warm front grant instead.

So now I have been rec my pension almost 11 mnths now, should I rec this years Winter fuel payment? do I have to apply?

I have tried to read up on it but slightly confused. thanks anyone smile

Beechnut Mon 03-Oct-22 17:57:47

If I remember rightly there are qualifying weeks in September/October time for it so I would say you will get it automatically this year.

Cressida Mon 03-Oct-22 17:59:21

As i understand it your birthday was a month too late for you to be eligible last year but you should get it this year,

Kim19 Mon 03-Oct-22 19:14:59

You don't have to apply for it. Automatic. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

rafichagran Mon 03-Oct-22 19:19:14

It is automatic

bikergran Mon 03-Oct-22 19:29:07

Ok thanks for all the replies, yes I think I must have just missed it (tut)

LOUISA1523 Mon 03-Oct-22 21:05:06

You should automatically get it this year...think the pay
Ends will arrive from November onwards

Callistemon21 Mon 03-Oct-22 21:46:56

It should appear in your bank account as does your pension.
You should also receive a letter telling you the amount which is enhanced for this year only.

Georgesgran Mon 03-Oct-22 21:48:20

According to the website - to qualify for this year’s payment you should have been born on or before 25th September, 1956.

Teacheranne Tue 04-Oct-22 00:16:46

I’m the same as you date wise, I just miss it this year as I start collecting my SP tomorrow ( well, today looking at the time!)

So this year also miss the extra energy payment as well!

Callistemon21 Tue 04-Oct-22 00:21:30

Teacheranne

I’m the same as you date wise, I just miss it this year as I start collecting my SP tomorrow ( well, today looking at the time!)

So this year also miss the extra energy payment as well!

How annoying! You'll still be in receipt of your state pension and possibly at home over a chilly winter.