Gransnet forums

House and home

Isn't it great when things work like they claim ?

(8 Posts)
Franbern Mon 28-Nov-22 16:37:02

Just had to come on here to say how pleased I am with a cleaner I purchased from Amazon.

Last week, I got distracted one evening when making my tea, resulting in a saucepan burning dry on my wonderful, new and expensive induction hob. This left horrible burnt-on residue on that hob - it looked horrible and I was quite devastated with it. Really did not know what to do Tried cleaning it with soapy water and good hard rubbing - to no effect. Lots of warning in manufactuers booklet about not scratching the glass surface.

Went on to Amazon and found several cleaners for these hobs and scrapers. I purchased Astonish Hob Cleaner, it arrived today - tried out immediately and cannot believe how simple it was to use and how bright and shing it made these hobs and with a little help from the special scraper supplied with it ,my hob, including the damaged one, have come up like new!!!!

We are so used to many thing claiming so much - it is absolutely brilliant when they actually live up to these claims.

Kim19 Mon 28-Nov-22 16:47:19

Pleased you had success, F. Well done 🌷

LadyGracie Mon 28-Nov-22 16:53:12

I agree, it brings the hob up a treat, so easily too.

Blossoming Mon 28-Nov-22 17:36:45

Thanks for this Franbern

Calendargirl Mon 28-Nov-22 17:40:39

Agree. And cheap too.

Used to be £1, not sure if it’s gone up.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 28-Nov-22 20:24:47

I’ll get some, I used to use Hob Brite but can’t find it anywhere.

Thank you!

Jaxjacky Mon 28-Nov-22 20:55:03

Nice to see a positive review, thank you Franbern.

Hetty58 Tue 29-Nov-22 06:19:08

Amazingly, in five years, I've never burnt anything on mine. The scraper that came with it has yet to be used. I remember all those years of scrubbing away, trying to clean the gas rings - never again.