Gransnet forums

House and home

Well, I didn't expect it to work...but it did!

(14 Posts)
ParlorGames Mon 31-Oct-22 19:00:45

Bed strip and duvet cover change today and OH usually takes charge of putting the clean linen on.
I had seen a video demonstrating how to put on a fresh duvet cover and decided to suggest we give it a try....and it works brilliantly!
We laid the clean cover, inside. out, on the bed, placed the duvet on top and starting from the 'closed' end, rolled then both up like a sausage. The sausage is then pushed inside the open end of the cover and then unrolled. Hey presto, the duvet is in the cover, corners fitting perfectly too.

Spice101 Tue 01-Nov-22 02:08:41

This is a great method and one I've been using for a while now.

BlueBelle Tue 01-Nov-22 05:41:07

I turn the cover inside out grab the two corners and let the cover fall down the duvet totally simple

Joseanne Tue 01-Nov-22 05:54:22

I've never really thought about it. I just stuff the duvet in until it reaches the corners and then shake holding the tops. Our bed is king size.

ParlorGames Tue 01-Nov-22 07:02:55

BlueBelle, I used to do it that way but as I am only 5 feet tall with worn out shoulders it did pose some difficulties - OH did it that way too, up until yesterday.
I don't think he really expected my experiment to work but he was really impressed.
As our duvet covers are washed inside out the whole process was a doddle, no shaking, no corner alignment, and no sweat.

argymargy Tue 01-Nov-22 07:46:02

Wow - can’t wait to try that! Thanks, ParlorGames. 😁

dogsmother Tue 01-Nov-22 07:48:51

Must try this!
Although with the tugging of the duvet between us all night I’d still like to try having one single one each, he’s not impressed I’m working on it though.

NannyJan53 Tue 01-Nov-22 07:52:18

I have always done the same as Bluebell always worked for me. I may give this a try though.

ParlorGames Tue 01-Nov-22 07:52:48

dogsmother

Must try this!
Although with the tugging of the duvet between us all night I’d still like to try having one single one each, he’s not impressed I’m working on it though.

We have two singles on a king size bed - best thing we ever did! No tugging - easier to launder - and so much easier to put on the duvet. Plus, if one of you were having a bad night and despatched to the sofa there'd be no problem with who had the duvet.

lixy Tue 01-Nov-22 07:53:34

BlueBelle

I turn the cover inside out grab the two corners and let the cover fall down the duvet totally simple

That's how I do it too.
Until we moved to a bungalow I used to hold tight to the corners and dangle the rest over the stairwell from the top bannister rail. That way gravity did most of the work with a couple of shakes from me.
Nowadays there's a bit more shaking involved!

glammanana Tue 01-Nov-22 07:53:45

ParlorGames I have used this method for years anything which makes life easy is good for me.

argymargy Tue 01-Nov-22 12:30:59

lixy

BlueBelle

That's how I do it too.
Until we moved to a bungalow I used to hold tight to the corners and dangle the rest over the stairwell from the top bannister rail. That way gravity did most of the work with a couple of shakes from me.
Nowadays there's a bit more shaking involved!

Haha Lixy I do this when folding my king size sheets and duvet covers! I'm now buying a bungalow and I've wondered how I will cope...

Baggs Tue 01-Nov-22 14:03:04

dogsmother

Must try this!

We did this quite a while ago. Then we wondered why we hadn't thought of it before, not least because I need warm coverings and MrB is happy with cooler.

And no more duvet tugging or (accidental wink) hogging

Aveline Tue 01-Nov-22 16:19:21

I saw this and thought of this thread!