Gransnet forums

House and home

Has anyone got green garden fencing ?

(23 Posts)
HeavenLeigh Thu 20-Oct-22 20:23:43

Could you lovely gransnetters post some pics of the green fencing in your gardens

dustyangel Thu 20-Oct-22 21:26:45

Well, I’ve got green wire fencing, which is very normal out here (Portugal ) But I think you’re interested in a different type of fencing.

Charleygirl5 Thu 20-Oct-22 21:33:11

I have green fencing and I also painted my shed green and it looks lovely. I am really sorry but sending a photo is beyond me.

ayse Thu 20-Oct-22 21:37:38

We are just doing a green fence. I’ll try and send a photo tomorrow

ExDancer Thu 20-Oct-22 21:39:28

Charliegirl, take a photo of your fence with the computer/laptop/phone you are using to post on here.
Then go to the little box that says 'choose file' just below the reply box and click it, it will bring up your pictures.
Your fence photo will be there.
Double click the picture.
Well, thats what I do.

Charleygirl5 Thu 20-Oct-22 21:43:19

ExDancer this is a tabletop computer so a phone is not needed. I am not tech minded in the slightest.

Abitbarmy Thu 20-Oct-22 21:47:11

I painted our fence dark green a few years back but then realised the plants I had growing along it didn’t stand out very much against it I’m sorry to say. Too much green on green. Changed it to a dark brown/grey colour and it looks much better. Without the planting it would have looked fine.

vegansrock Thu 20-Oct-22 21:47:28

This is a corner of the garden. Fence paint is Cuprinol Willow.

vegansrock Thu 20-Oct-22 21:48:54

here is the photo!

rubysong Thu 20-Oct-22 22:02:58

Here's ours. It is called Holly, but, sorry, I don't know the brand. We painted the shed as well but it's not very photogenic.

maytime2 Fri 21-Oct-22 09:50:26

I have used Cuprinol Willow on my fence and also Wilkinson's Willow, which is a cheaper version. I'm happy with the colour as it's not too dark, but all my gardening is done in pots these days.

Auntieflo Fri 21-Oct-22 13:39:14

Can't upload a photo, but one of our near neighbours has had their fence replaced by a green metal fence. Similar to that advertised in magazines.
It does look a bit like a fence to keep you in, but I suppose will need no upkeep.

Our 'green' fence, at the bottom of the garden, is mostly ivy courtesy of the nearby house owners.

Prentice Fri 21-Oct-22 15:50:16

Abitbarmy

I painted our fence dark green a few years back but then realised the plants I had growing along it didn’t stand out very much against it I’m sorry to say. Too much green on green. Changed it to a dark brown/grey colour and it looks much better. Without the planting it would have looked fine.

We had the light green, but it made the garden look even smaller.Changed to brown oak colour and now see only the plants rather than the fence itself.

Sparklefizz Fri 21-Oct-22 16:27:40

vegansrock What a truly gorgeous garden! That is exactly the shade of green I'd like for my fence. Can you tell me the make and colour please? Thanks. smile

vegansrock Fri 21-Oct-22 16:52:57

Cuprinol Willow

Sparklefizz Fri 21-Oct-22 17:27:32

Thank you.

ayse Sat 22-Oct-22 12:25:03

Sorry it’s taken a while. I really like it. Added to that the colour was the cheapest at Wilco. We’re on a budget

POBCOB Sat 22-Oct-22 21:27:28

Recently fitted green fencing.

Grany Sat 22-Oct-22 21:50:55

Green fence

Callistemon21 Sat 22-Oct-22 22:06:47

Lovely to see your flowers again, Grany
Is that from packets of wildflower seeds and are they grown in soil?
I've not had much success trying to seed a lawn area with wildflowers.

Grany Tue 25-Oct-22 16:33:17

Yes they are from box wild flower seed sown directly in soil. The soil has not been composited or fertilised when moved there the soil had just conifer trees growing there for a good few years.

So to grow wild flowers you need poor soil water regularly, when weather dry and then seedlings start growing you get a good mix and especially colourful poppies and the bees love the flowers.

MayBee70 Tue 25-Oct-22 16:36:54

I’m not keen on Cuprinol. I find it can be very plastic’y and flakes off sometimes ( but not always: I don’t know why). I prefer Ronseal.

Callistemon21 Tue 25-Oct-22 18:22:54

I think our soil may be too rich as DH has used compost etc regularly on the garden beds but there is a patch within sight of the kitchen window which might be suitable.

I just fancied having a wild flower meadow at the front but it hasn't been very successful.