Gransnet forums

Health

Greater Trochanteric Syndrome

(3 Posts)
Drina01 Fri 02-Dec-22 13:47:33

I have put up a lot this year with all sorts and now find this has been diagnosed by mri and find myself in tremendous pain for the last 2 weeks. GP didn’t know what to do but has referred me to physio but not for another week. Nothing works on the pain and had a steroid injection which has had no effect. My top of leg is numb and have flank pain thigh pain and groin pain constantly and can’t sleep not even on the good side as it’s worse. Do any GN folks suffer with this ? Paracetomol and ibruprofen have no effect. Tried codeine but was told it was the wrong sort of pain. Now on Naproxen but wouldn’t say it helps. Am right sorry for myself just waiting ! Thanks for any experiences …

Norah Fri 02-Dec-22 13:59:35

I believe this is bursitis?

If so, aggressive physio was 3X a week for 2 months, naproxen several times daily, far less walking than my normal, and icing.

I recovered well, no problem remains.

Bursitis can come back, next time I will begin physio earlier.

Drina01 Fri 02-Dec-22 14:56:42

I think you’re right Norah - bursitis. The pain is off the scale - Naproxen though doesn’t seem to cover it. It’s relentless. I’ve another week to wait for a physio phone call. I’ve had what I thought was groin/back trouble all summer but culminated in this escalation out of the blue. Am not popular as can’t pick GC up etc etc. good to know you got over it - I take it there’s always going to be a weak spot. It’s the pain management I can’t seem to get right though.