Gransnet forums

Health

Any info appreciated

(6 Posts)
Liljan Wed 23-Nov-22 15:59:45

I’m sure I saw a post re: Benenden Health some considerable time ago. I’m thinking about joining, it looks good but before I go ahead I would really appreciate any feedback from those who have had any experience with this company. Thanks

Esspee Wed 23-Nov-22 16:40:30

There is a search box near the top of the page. Enter the name of the company and touch the magnifying glass symbol. I did that and it brought up similar threads.

Kateykrunch Wed 23-Nov-22 16:43:15

We have been members for over 20 years, the monthly cost is not expensive. Some years ago, I had my Gallbladder operation and necessary tests and followup in a private hospital paid for by them as the NHS waiting time was lengthy. With my recent and previous cancer diagnosis’ I have received a financial support grant of up to £1000 to enable me to purchase any necessary post surgery items along with parking and travel costs for appointments, it also covered a respite hotel stay of up to 4 nights along with travel. I cant really fault them.

Coolgran65 Wed 23-Nov-22 18:42:52

They have paid for several consultations for me.

My husband injured his rotator cuff and they paid for consultation, xray, MRI and follow up consultation. They also gave approval for the necessary surgery which the consultant told us would cost £8,000. Unfortunately my dh was found to have chronic kidney disease and the operation has been postponed. Benenden agreed to put the approval on hold while the kidney issue is addressed.
They have been wonderful. Always efficient and polite.
You have to be a member for 6 months before qualifying for benefit.
My dh also had 6 sessions of physio, no doctor referral necessary. Their physio assessed him via a telephone appointment.
There is also a GP telephone line and several other similar.
I have several friends who also found it wonderful.
I would 100% recommend it.

aonk Wed 23-Nov-22 20:49:42

A friend of mine had a knee operation which was paid for by Benenden. She was very happy with her treatment in every way except one. She had to have the surgery at Benenden’s hospital in Kent. It’s about an hour and twenty minutes drive and she had no one to provide transport for her. It was also too far to allow anyone to visit. This was before Covid.

Liljan Wed 23-Nov-22 22:20:48

Thanks for the positive feedback. I’ve now joined Benenden.