Gransnet forums

Food

CHOCOLATE BRAZILS

(21 Posts)
FindingNemo15 Sat 03-Dec-22 17:16:27

Every year I buy a neighbour her favourite chocolate brazils, but this year have not been able to find any.

I think they are available on Amazon, but seem very expensive and anyway I do not have or want an account with them.

Anyone spotted them and where please?

MerylStreep Sat 03-Dec-22 17:19:24

You don’t have to ave an account with them. You just put your card on, pay, and then take your card off.
Your no longer a customer.

Oreo Sat 03-Dec-22 17:22:37

OMG I love choc brazils, don’t say there’s a shortage 😫
I’ll check out the supermarkets and report back.

SOGran Sat 03-Dec-22 17:25:23

M&S have them in boxes

HowVeryDareYou Sat 03-Dec-22 17:29:56

Tesco, Sainsbury's, Thorntons and Marks & Spencer all have them.

Luckygirl3 Sat 03-Dec-22 17:34:26

I don't eat chocolate, but yoghurt covered brazils are my downfall - I love them!! Luckily there are not many places rund here where you can get them!

Poppyred Sat 03-Dec-22 17:54:27

It’s not Christmas without chocolate brazils!

overthehill Sat 03-Dec-22 18:25:23

Grape Tree shops do the absolute best chocolate brazils. Sadly for us, we don't have one nearby but they are in lots of cities. If you don't mind paying postage, you can buy online.
www.grapetree.co.uk/

Witzend Sat 03-Dec-22 22:15:37

I usually buy some M&S chocolate brazils for dh’s stocking. 🎅🏻

icanhandthemback Sat 03-Dec-22 22:24:40

I used to love the maple butter brazils but haven't seen them in years.

25Avalon Sat 03-Dec-22 22:32:43

Every year I have trouble getting dark chocolate Brazil nuts. Anyone know if they are available this year? Almost said a round.😂

Casdon Sat 03-Dec-22 22:46:41

25Avalon

Every year I have trouble getting dark chocolate Brazil nuts. Anyone know if they are available this year? Almost said a round.😂

They have them in Hotel Chocolat, delicious.

FindingNemo15 Sat 03-Dec-22 22:53:17

Thanks for all your help. I have obviously been looking in the wrong places. Watch this space.

Meryl re Amazon I suppose I should have said I did not wish to pay for delivery either.

25Avalon Sun 04-Dec-22 12:59:24

Thanks Casdon I’ll get an order in.

DellaandtgeDealer Sun 04-Dec-22 13:06:35

I couldn’t find them last year either, resorted to Amazon, check the box size, the box was battered and very small. I can’t find them in our local supermarkets, did buy some very posh ones just in case I can’t get Paynes.

icanhandthemback Sun 04-Dec-22 13:33:38

Meryl re Amazon I suppose I should have said I did not wish to pay for delivery either.

You can normally get an offer for Free Prime to trial it for 30 days...you don't pay delivery with most items!

JackyB Tue 06-Dec-22 09:03:35

I read somewhere that Brazil nuts this year were severely contaminated with radiation. I'll see if I can find anything in English to back this up.

JackyB Tue 06-Dec-22 09:09:58

Have had a quick Google and can only find that Brazil nuts are naturally very radioactive. There have been some recalls of other nuts here in Germany due to other kinds of contamination, which is what I may have read.

25Avalon Tue 06-Dec-22 10:48:09

icanhandthemback

^Meryl re Amazon I suppose I should have said I did not wish to pay for delivery either.^

You can normally get an offer for Free Prime to trial it for 30 days...you don't pay delivery with most items!

If you do go for free Prime trial on Amazon don’t forget to cancel it otherwise it will roll on. On the plus side not only do you get free delivery but it’s quick and often it’s next day.

Baggs Tue 06-Dec-22 11:00:53

buywholefoodsonline.co.uk usually have chocolate Brazil nuts. No idea how they compare in price to some available elsewhere as it's not something I buy.

FindingNemo15 Tue 06-Dec-22 11:46:16

I have bought them in M&S, but the box is small and does not look much of a gift. Much prefer Paynes.