Gransnet forums

Discount codes/offers

The best deals this Black Friday

(12 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 27-Nov-20 09:20:39

Morning! brew

As you might have noticed it is Black Friday <looks over at bulging email inbox>. While we’re fairly sure most gransnetters would prefer to avoid the manic buying that goes on around this time (us too!), if you do have your eye on a particular something it’s fair to admit this is a great time to grab a bargain.

Over on Mumsnet there is a very useful thread going here with top buys if you fancy a look.

Have a lovely Friday! grin

Magrithea Fri 27-Nov-20 11:32:56

When shopping online, please consider supporting a charity this year. It's easy to do via Amazon Smile, Easyfundraising and Giveasyoulive to name but 3. It's been a tough year for charities so by using one of these platforms you are giving a little back, and if everyone does then they'll get a reasonable amount.

jifncif Fri 27-Nov-20 11:48:57

H. Samuel giving a discount 10% and only £1.99 postage, online, just bought 2 pairs of silver earrings, nice little Christmas prezzies. spent less than £20.00.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 27-Nov-20 11:58:40

I did buy a TV last week in John Lewis's Black Friday deal - very pleased with it.

ayse Fri 27-Nov-20 12:52:05

I found ‘Not on the High Street’ recently, looking for something different. The service was excellent and I bought a couple of beautiful items for my grandchildren. They do have Black Friday deals, so it may be worth a look.

Tabbycat Fri 27-Nov-20 13:02:31

Just bought the cardigan my mother wants for Christmas from Woolovers with a 20% discount - result! grin

nipsmum Fri 27-Nov-20 13:57:52

Its unfortunate that my washing machine broke 2 weeks ago and I couldn't wait until today to replace it. I might have got a good deal ?????

Aepgirl Fri 27-Nov-20 14:22:03

If only it was ‘Black Friday’ not ‘Black week’.

Grandma11 Fri 27-Nov-20 17:46:36

I have bought one of those Revitive machines for my very swollen feet due to Arthritis. It was a Black Friday deal that saved me over £100 on the same Model in Boots, the one with the extra Tens pads for Knee pain. I just hope that it turns out as good as it says it is on the box!

Our DD has been wanting one of those Karcher Window vacs ever since her sister bought one last year, she managed to get a top of the range model today with all the extra kit for the same price as just the basic main unit alone would normally cost, so she's one happy bunny tonight!

WOODMOUSE49 Fri 27-Nov-20 18:36:32

Magrithea

When shopping online, please consider supporting a charity this year. It's easy to do via Amazon Smile, Easyfundraising and Giveasyoulive to name but 3. It's been a tough year for charities so by using one of these platforms you are giving a little back, and if everyone does then they'll get a reasonable amount.

A % off what we buy is good but these sites are brilliant and I find it surprising that hardly any one I know uses them.

I use Easyfundraising. My chosen charity is Cornwall Air Ambulance. It is surprising how quickly the donations add up. It only takes the touch of one button on the computer screen to get connected.

I've just bought a new drill from Screwfix and pair of Hotter boots - that raised just over £3. Hundreds of companies give donations and the % do vary. My new Macbook two years ago raised £22. My total so far is £139.00.

Kim19 Fri 27-Nov-20 19:16:43

Just went to JL for a telly. Out of stock. Can't understand it as there was only a reduction of £20. My timing was rubbish.

Shropshirelass Sat 28-Nov-20 09:46:49

I will be waiting until our little local shops open this week and will support them.