Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Just bought a Fitbit

(15 Posts)
Shinamae Thu 04-Nov-21 21:57:12

It’s a Fitbit charge 4, Just wondering how often you need to charge it and if you have one do you think it is a good addition to your fitness regime?

Mogsmaw Thu 04-Nov-21 22:47:10

I have one, I find it very motivating. I didn’t think I did much exercise so there was little point starting. The Fitbit showed me that a walk to the shops was 20 mins of moderate exercise so I did do something! So just a little more was easy.
Mine notices if I’ve gone swimming (and I set it for regular reminders to “lift and squeeze”)

Marydoll Thu 04-Nov-21 23:02:53

I love mine. I have to keep an eye on my heart rate and I can tell at a glance if I need to rest. On the other hand, it motivates me to increase my steps, which helps my heart.

Mine was a gift from my son in law, who won it for being employee of the month, but already had a more sophisticated one.

NotAGran55 Fri 05-Nov-21 07:27:17

I absolutely love mine and it’s been the best motivator ever.

Since I bought mine in March 2015, when I was 59 I have lost 3 stone and will never be without one. I’m a busy-bee , always on the move and love to monitor everything. I’m so much fitter because if it.
In hospital on Wednesday when taking my blood pressure and pulse, the nurse said they were ‘excellent’ and asked if I was an athlete!?!

My current one (Alta) is quite old and needs charging every 5 days or so.

Shinamae Fri 05-Nov-21 16:26:47

Many thanks ?

chelseababy Fri 05-Nov-21 16:33:34

I have an Alta HR it needs charging about twice a week. The display is very dim which is a known problem.

Visgir1 Fri 05-Nov-21 18:23:33

Gave up with it.. Found couldn't wear in work (naked under elbows rule) didn't register much on treadmill as I didn't swing my arms enough.
Lasted 2 weeks with me, back in its box.

Shinamae Fri 05-Nov-21 21:02:35

I’ve had it on for a full day today,been to the gym with it and done quite a lot of walking but have to say I’m not overly impressed, will give it a couple more days and if not it will be going back from whence it came…

Shirleyw Sat 06-Nov-21 02:53:16

I have a Fitbit versa. Had it a while now so needs charging every other day .I find it very handy, not just keeping tabs on steps, it’s handy as a watch, reminds me to move if sitting too long It has different exercises ….if you want to do them of course…the app is good as well , when synced to your phone you can log in various things and it sets challenges if that’s your thing.

Aveline Sat 06-Nov-21 10:24:43

My Fitbit is invaluable. It's really helped my recovery from hip replacement. The step counter is useful but the continuous movement one is really good. I like the reminders to move every hour too. The sleep analysis has been great. It shows that I've slept more than I'd thought and all in all is very reassuring.

Aveline Sat 06-Nov-21 10:26:04

Shinamae what did you expect? What would it have to do to impress you? It can only measure what you've done.

Shinamae Sat 06-Nov-21 10:29:46

Aveline

Shinamae what did you expect? What would it have to do to impress you? It can only measure what you've done.

Well it could’ve done the ironing first start!

Shinamae Sat 06-Nov-21 10:30:19

For a ?‍♀️

Aveline Sat 06-Nov-21 11:23:41

It'll tell you how much activity you did while ironing! I've just stored up some good moderate activity minutes by hoovering and tidying and organising washing to offset my afternoon's TV viewing so I won't feel guilty. Lovely!

Shinamae Sat 06-Nov-21 11:30:52

If it can do that I will be mightily impressed as actually I never Iron anything everything ? got it on now shortly will be getting a bus, if it turns up, I’m going to fetch my grandson and then we’re going to the cinema for a while and then home for some boardgames after eating in town… so not gonna be too much activity today I fear