Gransnet forums

Chat

🎄🏝Desert Island Christmas 🍹

(38 Posts)
LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 12:10:05

The cards are posted, presents wrapped, sprouts on the hob, time to be pampered. Where would you like to be whisked off to? With what Christmas tune in the back ground? Having what pamper treatment with a glass of what favourite Christmas tipple and what Christmas snack?

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 12:14:18

I’d like to be lying on a beach in Fiji. Listening to ‘All I want for Christmas’
Having a pedicure ( a neck and shoulder massage would be lovely, but a pedicure lasts longer).
Supping a Baileys on the rocks and eating a large calorie free (well it is fantasy) piece of Christmas.
How about you?

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 12:22:07

Christmas cake of course, Thought of Baileys already interfering with brain cells.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 05-Dec-22 13:06:38

Sorry not a desert island but I would like to be whisked off to China to my son. That’s the only thing I want.
Oh holy night would be playing and I’d be blubbing as I always do when I hear it.
I only need my GHD straighteners to feel pampered.
I’d take a bottle of lovely Shiraz and some delicious blue cheese and crackers to enjoy with him.

pandapatch Mon 05-Dec-22 13:15:33

Lapland with my family (including my 2 little grandsons) to see the real Father Christmas. Bruce Springsteen "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". No pamper treatment thank you, but a hot tub in the snow would be good. A Mudslide cocktail and any festival nibbles will do

Calendargirl Mon 05-Dec-22 13:18:42

I always fancy riding in a horse drawn sleigh, a la Doctor Zhivago, with Omar next to me, and I would be well wrapped up in furs and Cossack hat, and of course I would be the spitting image of Julie Christie.

henetha Mon 05-Dec-22 17:02:52

I'd like to be on top of Blackingston Rock with a picnic and my ex partner, drinking a martini and with Queen music in the background.
I did this once.

MrsKen33 Mon 05-Dec-22 17:25:09

I’d probably get banned if I said.😈

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 17:36:02

Why MrsKen do tell. If you get banned we’ll petition for your return.

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 17:46:30

Hope you get to share the Shiraz, crackers and cheese with your son in China Shazza, you must miss him.
Had to look up Blackingstone Rock Henetha, exciting place to sit with a boyfriend, a martini and the wonderful sound of Queen.
Lapland at Christmas is magical pandapatch.

Millie22 Mon 05-Dec-22 18:29:20

I would like to be on the Orient Express having a lovely meal and a glass of wine watching the wonderful scenery. If it snowed during the journey that would be a treat.

MrsKen33 Mon 05-Dec-22 19:01:05

Wild swimming, somewhere warm with a certain Mr Ken ?

MrsKen33 Mon 05-Dec-22 19:03:44

That’s just the start !

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 19:06:45

It was supposed to be a bit of quiet, alone pampering between preparation and busy delivery but hey wild swimming with the one you love or a sophisticated journey on the Orient Express sounds just as good. Better in fact.

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 19:07:51

Mrs Ken do continue, you minx.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 05-Dec-22 19:20:41

Thankyou LauraNorderr it’s been almost 4 years since we’ve seen him due to Covid and he loves a British Christmas and red wine and cheese and his Christmas dinner. He always tries to recreate it out there for his wife.

CanadianGran Mon 05-Dec-22 19:20:56

Hmmm, I would leave the on the 27th, so I could enjoy my Christmas at home.

Then off to somewhere Caribbean, with steel drum carols, and perhaps a pina colada.

MrsKen33 Mon 05-Dec-22 19:33:00

Sorry LauraNorderr. Just use your imagination .

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 19:41:59

CanadianGran, the intention was a day of pampering in between all that busyness with our favourite Christmas music, snack and tipple. Home in plenty of time for Christmas Day.
I obviously didn’t word it very well.

AussieGran59 Tue 06-Dec-22 02:10:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 07:10:06

Somebody would have to have done all those “jobs” for me first (that would be a treat in itself) LauraNorderr
I’d go along with the head massage followed by a miracle wrought on my hair, some reflexology and a back and shoulder massage with essential oils. Oh and a flattering outfit (which fits!) which my personal shopper has brought round .
Santa-are you listening?

Kim19 Tue 06-Dec-22 08:07:25

I'd have a return trip to Bermuda. Deckchair with a supply of Ferrero and Zinfandel rose will do me fine.

nadateturbe Tue 06-Dec-22 22:40:50

I'd be lying back in a reclining chair enjoying a private concert by Andrea Bocelli and he would sing his lovely French version of O Holy Night several times. Accompanied by a leisurely foot massage, and a large box of none fattening Butlers dark chocolates.

Lucca Tue 06-Dec-22 22:51:54

MawtheMerrier

Somebody would have to have done all those “jobs” for me first (that would be a treat in itself) LauraNorderr
I’d go along with the head massage followed by a miracle wrought on my hair, some reflexology and a back and shoulder massage with essential oils. Oh and a flattering outfit (which fits!) which my personal shopper has brought round .
Santa-are you listening?

I’m actually booked in for two hour salon session. Was going to have massage plus facial but may have to forgo the facial due to Fall 2 and subsequent black blue purple eye! Massage plus manicure/pedicure instead ?

I ve done nothing much to deserve it apart from put bread sauce sayce stuffing etc in freezer.

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 23:35:41

Oh dear Lucca - gentle hug. Why not try reflexology instead of the facial?
I don't believe the mumbo jumbo which accompanies it --but it works and I always feel so much better for it