Gransnet forums

Charities

Help Dress Medics

(4 Posts)
GracesGranMK3 Wed 08-Apr-20 16:03:16

There is a gofundme page which has been set up by people who have worked together in the Costume Department of the tv series 'His Dark Materials'. Not able to work at the moment they are making scrubs for medics dealing with the COVID-19 virus in hospitals.

I have to admit I was first shocked by the lack of these for the increased number working in the NHS but when you think about it though it's obvious that where numbers are going up so quickly they will exceed the current capacity. This group are making the scrubs. The money raised is all going towards the materials used.

uk.gofundme.com/f/helping-dress-medics

Marydoll Thu 09-Apr-20 00:13:39

Bumping this, no-one seems to have noticed this thread.

chocolatepudding Thu 09-Apr-20 10:35:18

Thank you GGMk3 for your post. I posted something similar on 31 March about a FB group who are making scrubs including a pattern and sources of materials but there was no interest.

However have a look at this newspaper article about the good sewers of Ipswich

www.eadt.co.uk/ea-life/ipswich-community-sewing-scrubs-for-nhs-nurses-1-6597372

GagaJo Thu 09-Apr-20 11:10:29

My previous school's DT department are making PPE protective visors for hospitals. The school is in an academy chain and they estimate if all the schools in the chain work at it, they can produce 3,500 masks.

There are LOTS of 'Help Wanted' posts on social media, asking for PPE support from anyone who has any spare resources for local hospitals.

Finally, an article about nurses forced to wear bin-bags because there was no PPE available.

celebs.hellonews.site/three-nhs-nurses-forced-to-use-bin-bags-diagnosed-with-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR2hYbdw1JzhSCZPMGv06HyW8_lut8eTYvu4Hn8bEJS1mUuXc1z9IIvl0lM