Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Why no book recommendations on Mumsnet.

(17 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Sat 23-Sep-23 09:05:53

I thought I would pop over to Mumsnet to see what they were reading. I can’t find any way to locate the book threads they used to have. Can’t believe that so blaming their new non friendly format and probably me.

Siope Sat 23-Sep-23 09:17:54

www.mumsnet.com/talk/what_were_reading

Should work.

There’s a ‘books’ board which also has book of the month chats.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 23-Sep-23 09:27:33

Thank you. Will have another go but can’t beat Gransnet. Hope the format doesn’t change as Mumsnet has not improved.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 23-Sep-23 09:35:06

Had a look but it’s a roundabout way to get any information and from what I can see there are old posts. Haven’t looked at the book of the month but really interested in a wider selection. So back to Gransnet who appear to be more interested or have more time to read.

Lovetopaint037 Sat 23-Sep-23 09:43:21

Apologies I have just located the talk topics. When I looked before the list wasn’t there and I couldn’t get much on search. Still not as good as Gransnet.

mags0412 Mon 25-Sep-23 00:15:04

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nanna8 Mon 25-Sep-23 00:23:11

I can’t get on with mumsnet, either. I prefer it here, mostly less aggressive and easier to work round. A lot smaller so maybe that is why ? It is rare to get a really angry and irrational post on here ( one or two rare exceptions of course). Maybe the people here are more mature and level headed ?

MrsSquirrel Mon 25-Sep-23 09:24:33

The other advantage of Gransnet is we don't get trolls. This is probably related to it being rare to get angry and irrational posts on here.

Foxygloves Mon 25-Sep-23 09:29:08

MrsSquirrel

The other advantage of Gransnet is we don't get trolls. This is probably related to it being rare to get angry and irrational posts on here.

Really? hmmhmm hmm

aggie Mon 25-Sep-23 09:37:13

MrsSquirrel

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

nanna8 Mon 25-Sep-23 09:37:39

We do get one or two trolls but usually they are called out pretty quickly. They are pretty obvious.

Foxygloves Mon 25-Sep-23 10:19:16

And of course angry or irrational posts would never darken our doors on GN hmm

Lovetopaint037 Thu 28-Sep-23 09:44:37

Foxygloves

And of course angry or irrational posts would never darken our doors on GN hmm

We are perfect - just perfect 😇
Seriously I love Gransnet.

dogsmother Thu 28-Sep-23 09:58:19

No trolls but used by Mail for fodder!
Don’t know who here reads Mail on line, but A couple of things last week came from here.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 06-Oct-23 10:09:03

dogsmother

No trolls but used by Mail for fodder!
Don’t know who here reads Mail on line, but A couple of things last week came from here.

Unbelievable. They must be desperate.

Grantanow Thu 09-Nov-23 14:12:32

Not necessarily desperate, just lazy hacks.

Esmay Tue 02-Apr-24 15:13:56

I sometimes hesitate in what I write . I don't want to read it in the Daily Mail .
Like chocolate , reading it is a guilty pleasure even if it often infuriates me !