Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My grandparents' house was hit by a bomb

(10 Posts)
Cybermonster Mon 02-May-22 12:41:31

Hello, I am from Ukraine and recently a big grief happened in my family. My childhood home, the house where my grandparents lived, was hit by a bomb. They died. Even our cat died. I don't know how to deal with it, I sit at the computer all day and try to find someone who can help me. At least I found this forum.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 02-May-22 13:10:35

I’m sorry but I’m not inclined to believe you, given your choice of username.

Cybermonster Mon 02-May-22 13:32:20

Wow. You know, before my life turned to hell, I played League of Legends a lot. That was my nickname. It's been a few years since I came up with that name, and I write it everywhere I need a username. I do it out of habit without even thinking about it. And all I need now is a little support, or at least silence if you can't express it. I don't know how to live anymore, and all I get in response to a cry for help is disbelief.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-May-22 13:36:25

I hope you find the support you need cybermonster the news from Ukraine is horrifying.

There are many agencies/charities set up to help the bereaved families of this terrible conflict.

Jaxjacky Mon 02-May-22 13:48:07

childhoodbereavementnetwork.org.uk/support-sector/ukraine-crisis
Gives other helplines

Chestnut Mon 02-May-22 14:15:21

I'm not sure why anyone would not believe the OP, and if they don't believe then maybe just play it safe and don't post a comment. If the OP is genuine then the last thing he/she needs is to be dismissed as a liar.

Sago Mon 02-May-22 17:11:56

I’m with GSM.

Sago Mon 02-May-22 17:13:34

I googled Ukraine helplines. There are plenty.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 02-May-22 17:27:43

Which presumably someone sitting at their computer all day would find. If this is the fake post that I suspect it’s in unspeakably bad taste.

timetogo2016 Mon 02-May-22 17:27:48

OHHHH i am so sorry to read that Cybermonster.
As has already been written i hope you find the support you are looking for.
I see you are pretty good on-line so it should be a doddle for you to find information.