Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Grosgrain Ribbon Help!

(9 Posts)
Swartkids Sun 30-Oct-22 16:57:57

Hi everyone! I’m slowly starting my own side gig in my little town and have been buying my ribbon by the yard. Now though, I need to expand and find where to buy in bulk. I’m looking for the cute printed grosgrain ribbon for dog collars. Anyone know an online retailer? I’d be ever so grateful!

Mogsmaw Sun 30-Oct-22 17:39:41

Try Etsy, rather than the ubiquitous Amazon! I’ve sought by the yard but some do by the reel.
Also floristry suppliers, I’ve got all my reels from them.

Swartkids Sun 30-Oct-22 18:54:34

I’ve gotten my bty from Etsy, but can’t seem to find full rolls on there. Any suggestions on the florist suppliers? Thanks!

M0nica Sun 30-Oct-22 19:04:09

Try googling 'grosgrain ribbon trade suppliers' It will bring up a host of suppliers who supply in bulk.

Whiff Mon 31-Oct-22 06:18:15

Swartkids if you want UK manufacturers try these oaktreeuk.co.uk, colefabrics.com, ribbonfactory.co.uk and berisford-ribbons.co.uk.

You can buy cheaper if they are manufactured in China but it depends on whether you want cheap or support British made.

Susie42 Mon 31-Oct-22 14:46:13

Do you want grosgrain or petersham as I have been told that petersham is used for hats as it can be shaped but grosgrain can't?

Nannarose Mon 31-Oct-22 17:28:26

I use Berisford, who also trade as Simply Ribbons:
www.simplyribbons.com/ribbon-shop/materials/satin-ribbons/berisford-double-satin-ribbon.html

Nannarose Mon 31-Oct-22 17:44:06

This just reminded me that I wanted to place an order for Xmas, so I've just been on the website. They do ''waste ribbon' packs and currently have a grosgrain one - just might suit you

Susie42 Tue 01-Nov-22 08:50:14

Further to my post yesterday I was talking to a friend who makes hats and she said always use petersham never grosgrain; the two are not interchangeable. I bought petersham for waistbands from an on-line supplier in Kent but I can’t remember the name.