Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Snowmen (low fat versions) finally done and dusted.

(33 Posts)
Witzend Thu 27-Oct-22 12:30:37

Only two ?projects to finish now - after that I shall have to find another excuse for largely ignoring housework - until the annual pre-Christmas blitz, that is.

And here’s the poor cannibalised fatty whose arms I lopped off, to save me making yet another 2.

Callistemon21 Thu 27-Oct-22 12:41:21

It's really lovely, Witzend, well done!

Philippa111 Thu 27-Oct-22 12:46:32

Witzend

Only two ?projects to finish now - after that I shall have to find another excuse for largely ignoring housework - until the annual pre-Christmas blitz, that is.

And here’s the poor cannibalised fatty whose arms I lopped off, to save me making yet another 2.

That is sooo sweet Witzend. Well done! So skilful!

Nannagarra Thu 27-Oct-22 13:02:31

Awww, so cute Witzend!
Next projects - Valentines hearts, Easter bunnies, chicks and eggs?

Witzend Thu 27-Oct-22 13:14:12

Thank you for such kind words.?

None of those, Nannagarra - once the ?things are finished, I’ll be back to making Worry-Eaters for Knit for Nowt. There’s going to be a dinosaur worry-eater pattern soon - an Anxiosaurus! - which I would def. love to have a go at if it doesn’t look too complicated - otherwise more Big Fat Teds.

Doodle Thu 27-Oct-22 13:17:26

Witzend that looks lovely. So jolly. Well done.

Squiffy Thu 27-Oct-22 13:56:59

They look adorable!

Namsnanny Thu 27-Oct-22 14:20:48

So cute Witzend they should sell well at the gds school sale.
I dont think my things would be quite so well finished blush
Lovely well done

NotSpaghetti Thu 27-Oct-22 14:23:03

This is rally nice Witzend but - not at all as I imagined it! I thought it would have holly and berries etc!

Grannmarie Thu 27-Oct-22 14:43:47

Beautiful work, Witzend, such neat knitting! Very festive and cheerful.

FannyCornforth Thu 27-Oct-22 14:48:32

I know, Granmarie, she’s sooo neat isn’t she!
You are so clever. I love seeing your beautiful creations ?

Joseanne Thu 27-Oct-22 14:52:31

Oo that's lovely and I can see why now the snowmen all needed to be uniform sizewise.
Though I think the guy in the yellow hat might have sneaked just one tiny mince pie!

Grannmarie Thu 27-Oct-22 14:55:07

? Hello, Fanny, hope you and MrFC are doing OK.
I used to knit a lot when I was younger and my 3 boys were wee....
Arans, Icelandics, cartoon character jumpers... but then I didn't knit for years until the grandchildren arrived, and it was like starting all over, I made so many mistakes! I haven't given up though, I'm currently knitting a wee cardigan for my lovely sister's wee granddaughter, due in January.

Jaxjacky Thu 27-Oct-22 15:44:03

That is delightful Witzend I wouldn’t have a clue where to start, I’m very impressed.

AreWeThereYet Thu 27-Oct-22 16:33:08

That's lovely and quite unusual I think.

Isn't it weird how they all have their own characters - like a little band of brothers. The one in the yellow hat I've named Bertie.

granmarie1 Thu 27-Oct-22 16:56:15

That's gorgeous. I love knitting and sewing etc but have never attempted anything like this. Might get a good project to get me through the long cold nights ahead smile

Beechnut Thu 27-Oct-22 16:57:51

It’s lovely Witzend.

ginny Thu 27-Oct-22 17:09:11

It’s lovely. I can see why you wanted the snowmen all the same size. Now it is perfect.

Billybob4491 Thu 27-Oct-22 17:14:16

Witzend - do you use the Jean Greenhowe knitting books?

MiniMoon Thu 27-Oct-22 18:47:49

That's lovely witzend. You are so talented and patient.

Witzend Thu 27-Oct-22 21:19:17

Yes, Billybob4491 - the snowmen are from JG’s Christmas Special booklet - with slight variations in that I’ve added noses and left off the ‘buttons’.

I found the basic wreath pattern on the Lovecrafts website - it’s the one with a somewhat (to me) gruesome looking elf, very easy though, and quite quick to make - 2 strands of Dk on 4.5 needles, just 4 repeated GS rows. I’ve used it several times now, with different add-ons.

Witzend Thu 27-Oct-22 21:22:59

Joseanne

Oo that's lovely and I can see why now the snowmen all needed to be uniform sizewise.
Though I think the guy in the yellow hat might have sneaked just one tiny mince pie!

Yes, he does look a bit more of a porker than the others!

Thank you all for kind comments. It was all just pretty basic knitting, though, albeit fiddly at the making-up stage.

Nannagarra Thu 27-Oct-22 22:24:24

My fellow knitters were very interested when I described your snowmen and wreath. Chief knitter also felt faces are very challenging, that her attention would be focused on this feature rather than a tum.
Worry eaters are amazing on so many levels. Some of my friends make them.
Anxiosauraus - brilliant!

Nannagarra Thu 27-Oct-22 22:29:25

Challenge:
If you can present someone who enjoys the making up stage, I’ll bring on the tooth fairy!

Callistemon21 Thu 27-Oct-22 22:31:28

Nannagarra

Challenge:
If you can present someone who enjoys the making up stage, I’ll bring on the tooth fairy!

???

Two ladies used to run a local yarn shop and one really enjoyed the sewing and making up!
The other one told me, she found it strange too!