Gransnet forums

AIBU

Mothers Day

(11 Posts)
mamagill Mon 11-Mar-24 09:51:30

Feeling peed off and upset. Have 2 children & 2 stepchildren. Oldest stepchild has never acknowledged Mother’s Day with me and I’m fine with that, I’m not his mum. Stepdaughter always gets me card and flowers - even though she is very close to her mum.
My own two - got a text off my son in the afternoon, nothing from my daughter until this morning. Bit of background we are staying at my daughters looking after 3 grandsons while she went on holiday. She left an abusive relationship 2 years ago and there is still crap going on so I didn’t really mind. I made sure the boys gave her a gift before she left and had some cupcakes made for when she returns. In the text this morning she ‘forgot’ to text yesterday and also has cards in the cupboard that she ‘forgot’ to do.
My son is living with us with his girlfriend while saving up for their own place. Ok we weren’t around yesterday and he doesn’t drive but just felt really crap all day without even a card or bunch of flowers. I saw all the other FB posts about people having a lovely day and couldn’t move the rain cloud. I know it’s just another day but feeling really taken for granted and needed to get it out

Patsy70 Mon 11-Mar-24 10:06:18

No, you are certainly not being unreasonable. Sounds like you are extremely supportive of your children and being taken for granted. It was lovely that your step daughter remembered the day. 💐

eazybee Mon 11-Mar-24 10:50:28

You are being taken for granted and I think at the very least you and the grandsons should eat all the cupcakes with a nice cup of tea and not save one .

Aldom Mon 11-Mar-24 10:58:05

Here are some flowers from me. I know it's not the same. Sending you a hug. flowers flowers smile

Cadenza123 Mon 11-Mar-24 11:01:11

It does sound like you are not being appreciated for all you are doing. I'm thinking that perhaps need to do a bit less and do something for yourself. Huw about a week away and let them get on with it.m?

AreWeThereYet Mon 11-Mar-24 11:35:02

eazybee

You are being taken for granted and I think at the very least you and the grandsons should eat all the cupcakes with a nice cup of tea and not save one .

😄😄

And tell your DD you forgot to save any for her 😄

Theexwife Mon 11-Mar-24 11:49:14

Stepdaughter got you a card and flowers, your son had a good reason and it is understandable that your daughter forgot to do the card before she left.

You got to spend time with your grandchildren yesterday, that's better than a bunch of flowers.

Carenza123 Mon 11-Mar-24 12:32:50

It still hurts if you are not remembered.

mamagill Mon 11-Mar-24 13:43:21

eazybee

It certainly crossed my mind! 😄

mamagill Mon 11-Mar-24 13:44:19

Aldom

Here are some flowers from me. I know it's not the same. Sending you a hug. flowers flowers smile

Thank you 🤩 🌺

Madgran77 Tue 12-Mar-24 11:25:38

Do they show appreciation at other times even if not on Mothers Day? If No ..then yes you are being taken for granted.

I know the feeling! 😏