Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

New "Pilgrimage&quo t; programme BBC2

(23 Posts)
DanniRae Tue 20-Feb-24 07:20:57

Just to say that if you are a fan of BBC2's Pilgrimage programmes there is new one being shown in March. It is taking place in Wales and I am really looking forward to watching it smile

Greenfinch Tue 20-Feb-24 07:24:43

Thanks DanniRae I do enjoy those
programmes so will look out for it.

Gwyllt Tue 20-Feb-24 08:12:30

Thanks for that look forward to it means more when some of it is likely to be my local patch

Greenfinch Fri 05-Apr-24 22:24:42

I am really enjoying these programmes. The scenery is so beautiful and the conversations among the pilgrims are so interesting.Very thought- provoking.

Chestnut Sun 07-Apr-24 15:46:14

I am also enjoying it immensely, probably because I am familiar with the area but am unable to visit any more. It is wonderful to see the beautiful views and I love the idea of a 'thin space', something I have experienced many times but never had a name for.

keepingquiet Sun 07-Apr-24 15:51:30

I missed this but have been a fan since the very first one. Intending to watch on catch-up so thanks for the reminder.
Only complaint is that a rarely know the so called 'celebrities' but find that in the end it probably doesn't matter.

We should have far more faith based programmes like this I think.

midgey Sun 07-Apr-24 15:52:47

This is a great programme, well worth the watch.

Pittcity Sun 07-Apr-24 15:56:12

I enjoyed this series. I was worn out physically and emotionally just watching them. Pity about the weather at the end though.

kittylester Sun 07-Apr-24 18:14:44

I have loved all of these.

Chestnut Mon 08-Apr-24 10:03:22

I had to laugh when Spencer asked whether Jesus was a real person and then Christine asked whether there was photographic evidence he existed. πŸ˜‚

vintage1950 Mon 08-Apr-24 10:14:26

Lovely programme, have watched the other series. Food for thought but doesn't actually shove religion down one's throat. Certainly couldn't go on a pilgrimage myself - the weight of those backpacks!

Chestnut Mon 08-Apr-24 10:56:03

To be honest, I wonder why they are carrying them. There is a filming crew and transport involved so why struggle with all that additional weight? I realise it makes them look like authentic back packers but it's not necessary, especially up Snowdon! They only need to carry a drink. We know they are being driven some of the way (i.e. Anglesey) so the back packs are purely for effect.

DanniRae Mon 08-Apr-24 12:54:22

So glad I watched this programme because I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Now looking forward to Wednesday when "Race Across the World" starts.
Is anybody else going to watch it?

spabbygirl Mon 08-Apr-24 12:59:59

I love it too, I watched Christine on another programme about female autism & that was brilliant too.
The only person I knew beforehand was Michaela but that didn't matter.
I meant to watch race across the world last time but I forgot so I will watch it this time

Claretjan Mon 08-Apr-24 13:09:02

Chestnut

To be honest, I wonder why they are carrying them. There is a filming crew and transport involved so why struggle with all that additional weight? I realise it makes them look like authentic back packers but it's not necessary, especially up Snowdon! They only need to carry a drink. We know they are being driven some of the way (i.e. Anglesey) so the back packs are purely for effect.

Yes I wondered this too. They all seemed to have lots of different clothes which couldn't possibly be accommodated in those rucksacks!

Pittcity Mon 08-Apr-24 13:25:51

DanniRae

So glad I watched this programme because I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Now looking forward to Wednesday when "Race Across the World" starts.
Is anybody else going to watch it?

Looking forward to it DanniRae

NanKate Tue 16-Apr-24 20:51:07

I find those Pilgrimage series very moving and I always want to visit the churches and Buddhist retreats. I loved the idea of writing the names of loved ones on the stones and then returning them to the sea. The countryside was fabulous.

Gwyllt Tue 16-Apr-24 20:56:13

I think those rucksacks are filled with light stuff s bit like suitcases in tv programs. They did not sit like heavy bags
That said lovely program

NanKate Tue 16-Apr-24 20:56:33

Hello,

I too have watched the Pilgrimage but I have never heard of thin places before, but was very intrigued. You said you had experienced them. Would you mind explaining it a bit more to me ? If it is a private experience then I understand if you don’t respond.

All the best, Kate

NanKate Tue 16-Apr-24 20:57:32

Sorry Chestnut I meant to send this as a Private Message. 😏

Chestnut Wed 17-Apr-24 00:05:03

No problem. I'd never heard of them before either, but I've been up in the Welsh mountains so many times I've seen those amazing views where the sky meets the earth quite a few times. I've been on many mountain walking holidays and horse riding holidays in both mid Wales and north Wales. I'm sure there are such views in most countries if people take the time to absorb them.

MayBee70 Wed 17-Apr-24 01:29:27

Hadn’t realised there was a new series. Really enjoying this latest one.

NanKate Wed 17-Apr-24 07:11:29

Thanks Chestnut for your response. πŸ‘