Gransnet forums

Product reviews

Reviews section now live!

(24 Posts)
JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 31-Aug-11 16:43:50

We've just launched a brand new shiny reviews section to Gransnet - you can find it here www.gransnet.com/reviews.

We'd love to hear your thoughts - good, bad or middling - on any products you've recently (or not so recently) bought. Tell other gransnetters about that amazing kids' book you've sworn by for two generations, or the terrible day out you had that made you swear.

As always, your feedback on the system would be much appreciated - so do let us know what you think.

susiecb Wed 31-Aug-11 17:33:57

Lovely I enjoy a good review and feeding back about my purchases/ retail experiences. Here's my first. I have said before how good Liz Earle beauty products are but now I am trying out their new range of shampoo and conditioners and they are lovely and live up to their claims. Liz Earle is all natural and not tested on animals and made here in the UK although of course some ingredients are imported but are Fair Trade. they always give you nice samples too.

yogagran Wed 31-Aug-11 18:59:12

Brilliant idea - thanks Josie. It will be very useful I'm sure and will quickly get bigger and bigger

susiecb Fri 02-Sep-11 09:15:18

OOps re read this and reliased I should put the review on a different page so I went there and but no section for health and beauty products.

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 02-Sep-11 09:34:21

Thanks, susiecb, we'll talk to tech about that.

upsydaisy Sun 11-Sep-11 00:21:28

Just left a review myself in the UK accommodation section and also read the other accommodation review on there. The Cottage sounded really nice, so just a thought, when asking the reviewer to answer questions and score points would you also be able to put a section in where the reviewer can put a link to a website if there is one relating to whatever product they're reviewing. If The Cottage has a website I would have liked to have had a look at it.

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 11-Sep-11 15:00:41

That's a good idea, upsydaisy, we'll look into it!

JessM Tue 13-Sep-11 14:39:46

We're not exactly charging at the review section are we. I wonder why. Is it cos we are hooked on the interactive nature of the forum...?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 13-Sep-11 14:48:45

Do feel free to be hooked on both smile

RubyTuesday Sat 24-Sep-11 11:32:02

Great! Just what I wanted.....Hope people don't use it for advertising purposes though as we all want honesty. I feel an addiction coming on...and we limit the kiddies games console use...blush

yogagran Sun 25-Sep-11 23:52:32

Could we please have a section for electrical household goods?

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 26-Sep-11 11:10:28

Hi yoga,

Great idea - I'll ask Tech to sort that out now. We're quite confused as to how we could have missed that out ourselves, so thanks for the reminder!

jinglej Fri 21-Oct-11 19:47:12

I just tried to add a review of a toy to the Reviews section, and see that you do not allow a link to the website to be added. Thisd means that the Beano poster I added previously will not mean anything to anyone as they will not be able to see where they can buy it or get any details about it.

There is just no point to this section as it stands.

Hattie64 Fri 21-Oct-11 20:10:43

I think you should expand the review section. Include electronics, kitchen equipment, including laundry items, washing machines etc. Online shopping sites. Garden plants and equipment. I for example, am looking for a new phone, I can ask on Tech, but how many people on here actually visit this subject? I also asked about Tablets, and two people, like me, also wanted recommendations.

jinglej Fri 21-Oct-11 22:03:23

We all did. I don't think she wanted us to see her. Shy! hmm

jinglej Fri 21-Oct-11 22:04:43

How did that get on this thread?! shock

That wasn't me! (will put it where I meant it to go)

jinglej Fri 21-Oct-11 23:19:43

You can, actually, google the name of the product - or cottage upsydaisy - and get the website that way.

jinglej Fri 21-Oct-11 23:24:37

www.gonedigging.co.uk/mugs-t-shirts-and-posters/personalised-posters/personalised-beano-posters/?source=adwords&kw=beano%20posters&gclid=CKz_6PHl-qsCFYVP4QodzAErkw

See!

jinglej Fri 21-Oct-11 23:27:20

www.yorkshire-cottages.info/north-york-moors-and-coast/scarborough-filey-area/hillcrest-cottage-broxa

Is this the one you wanted upsydaisy?

gracesmum Sat 22-Oct-11 12:44:53

Liz Earle tinted moisturizer - great.Also her cleanser and superskin bust cream as a face moisturiser.
Colour Catchers in the wash - invaluable for klutzes like me who always leave a sock lurking in the back of the drum to tint the whites a delicate dove grey.
Easy Iron for the summer linens befor packing them away.

glammanana Sat 22-Oct-11 13:29:23

Trevor Sorbie thickening shampoo and conditioner and Mouse,have tried this for over a month with fantastic result's bit on the top price bracket but worth it,I bought it with gift vouchers I got for birthday so a nice prezzie,on offer at moment at 3 for 2 at Boots.

jinglej Sun 23-Oct-11 10:28:19

We are really supposed to be putting all our recommendations in the Reviews sections. But I doubt if many people look there. A thread is better for us, though probably not for Gransnet.

harrigran Thu 08-Dec-11 17:54:58

I have been having a John Lewis kitchen fitted and I regret to say it was the worst decision I have ever made. The designer made serious errors in the measurements and when they came to fit the units a lot of them were damaged. We will not have a proper work surface until next week and the shop have rung to say they do not have anyone available to fit the sink, can we arrange a plumber ? The designer listed a dishwasher which would not fit into the units and is now sitting in my sitting room as they are unable to collect it. The reorder of the new dishwasher was lost and so will not arrive in time for Christmas.
There are ten major faults to be addressed including a cupboard that had neither shelves or door.
This may just sound like a woman having a moan but this kitchen cost £43,ooo of hard earned money and not only is it annoying to me but it is holding up all the other tradesmen from completing their work.

fluffy Thu 08-Dec-11 18:39:15

My daughter and I had a lovely girly afternoon (her OH looked after grandaughter) and had a MAC makeover at a local department store. You pay £25 which is redeemable on any purchase you make. They gave us some good ideas and advice - such as putting foundation on with a big brush - especially good on older skin so it doesn't go all claggy and looks natural -I had a smokey eye look - looked dramatic - then we bought a couple of products. Would recommend it. Also recommend Lisa Eldridge website - really lovely helpful ideas and videos of how to use lots of different priced products - especially advice on make up for mature skin!