Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

My own thoughts scare me

(9 Posts)
Fflaurie Mon 01-May-23 11:59:36

I am frightened by the world news, terrified of the war in Ukraine escalating, worried about Sadiq Khan turning our capital city into a ghost town, concerned about my granddaughter using sun beds, (because I don't know anything) AND I don't get matte lipstick!

Oreo Mon 01-May-23 12:03:15

Stay with gloss lipstick then. 😃
No point to being scared by everything that’s in the news, limit what you watch and hear.Our parents, grandparents and great grandparents lived through all kinds of times after all.

sodapop Mon 01-May-23 12:24:06

Not sure why this is in Pedants corner Fflaurie maybe you need to start another thread elsewhere on Gransnet to get a better response.
I'm sorry you feel like this, your anxieties are impacting too much on your life and you need some professional help I think.

JaneJudge Mon 01-May-23 12:34:38

I have stopped watching the news as it adds to my anxiety, I suggest you do the same smile I think the pandemic and following lockdowns have left quite a few people with worries they may not have had previously

1summer Mon 01-May-23 12:38:48

What’s the matter with matte lipstick??

Shinamae Mon 01-May-23 12:43:09

I too have stopped watching the news…

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 01-May-23 13:23:09

How do you have any idea of what’s going on or form any opinions if you never listen to the news?

kittylester Mon 01-May-23 13:33:41

But you do after accept that you know nothing as far as grandchildren are concerned.

NanaDana Mon 01-May-23 13:42:29

“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”
– Leo F. Buscaglia