Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hackney meet up anyone?

(29 Posts)
annikazam Fri 22-Aug-14 11:15:43

Hi all, I am the new(ish) Local Editor for Gransnet Hackney and would love to arrange a meet up on my patch. I am based in Stoke Newington but am quite happy to travel anywhere in the borough. It would be so wonderful to meet some Gransnetters for a coffee and a natter - oh and cake of course! Mustn't ever forget the cake [smiles] Let me know and have a great weekend xxAnnika

suebailey1 Fri 22-Aug-14 11:46:42

Would love a London meet up - do so miss London - need a nice cheap rail fare though.

annikazam Fri 22-Aug-14 17:30:27

That's amazing Suebaily1 thank you so much for responding! Lets watch this space over the weekend and see if we get some others then perhaps we could get something in advance so you have plenty of time to get a cheaper rail ticket, how does that sound?

Eloethan Fri 22-Aug-14 17:56:12

I'd be interested in a meet up.

Penstemmon Fri 22-Aug-14 17:59:48

I can do a London meetup if I am not working. I will keep looking to see what dates you come up with and if you are meeting on a non-work non-childcare day I would love to join you.

MiceElf Fri 22-Aug-14 19:36:01

I might - depending n work, childcare and voluntary work....

janeainsworth Fri 22-Aug-14 20:18:27

I like any excuse to come to London, would like to come depending on dates etc.

alchemillamollis Sat 23-Aug-14 01:54:43

I'm in! Let us know when...

alchemillamollis Mon 25-Aug-14 22:24:15

And where...

Have Oystercard, will travel.

Greenfinch Mon 25-Aug-14 22:48:17

Good to hear from you again alchemillamollis. We have a meet-up in Reading on Thursday if you are interested. Sorry. Didn't mean to hi-jack this thread grin

alchemillamollis Mon 25-Aug-14 23:20:44

Oh, Greenfinch! <<waves>>

Thanks for this - I can't do Thursday, but Reading is certainly do-able in future. I do try to keep my eye on meet-ups. Have fun - I'll be thinking of you!

annikazam Thu 11-Sep-14 16:37:57

Hi all, apologies for my absence on this thread. I've had to go a little awol as am getting married in less than 2 weeks eek! Still so much to do! Perhaps we could get a Hackney meet up in the diary in October, how does that sound? Promise I'll keep an eye on this thread this time smile

alchemillamollis Fri 12-Sep-14 00:51:57

Wow, congratulations, Annikazam! smile

October will be great! You can show us your wedding pix...

annikazam Wed 17-Sep-14 18:45:11

Ooh that's a great idea! Although you might regret saying that smile

Penstemmon Wed 17-Sep-14 19:13:39

Will keep an eye on here for a date and if ican make it will be there!

Have a fab wedding day annikazam

MiceElf Tue 14-Oct-14 08:44:38

Hope the wedding went well.

Any further thoughts?

annikazam Mon 20-Oct-14 14:50:50

Hey, yes it did thank you! Still trying to get back on top of things and am slowly getting there. Didn't quite anticipate being in quite such a post wedding daze but lovely to be getting back to normal again. Right so meet up - yes please! Who's with me? Easiest perhaps if I suggest some dates? I have childcare on wednesdays and thursdays, are these any good for anyone? Could do a morning, lunch time or afternoon. Failing that a weekend if that's easier?

Location wise again very happy to travel but would like to suggest this place as it looks simply amazing - www.wearenana.com, in Clapton. This is just me posting ideas and suggestions and am very flexible so let me know your thoughts! Hope you're all having a good week!

alchemillamollis Tue 21-Oct-14 01:30:05

Wednesdays are best for me. Glad you had a good wedding!

annikazam Tue 21-Oct-14 16:26:59

Ah thank you! That's great! Anyone else around on wednesdays?

Dianalou Wed 22-Oct-14 14:39:09

Nana's looks wonderful!

Wednesdays or Thursdays are good for me.

MiceElf Wed 22-Oct-14 14:56:31

I can't do Wednesdays or Thursdays as those are childcare days for me.

Eloethan Wed 22-Oct-14 15:50:25

annikazam Congratulations on your marriage and wishing you future happiness.

I can only do Mondays and Fridays - childcare, etc., on the other days. If this doesn't fit in with what is convenient for the majority, hopefully I will be able to meet up with you all another time.

MiceElf Wed 22-Oct-14 16:21:59

Mondays or Fridays are better for me.

annikazam Thu 23-Oct-14 13:29:38

Ah thank you for the lovely words! So Mondays and Fridays are fine although I don't have childcare those days. If you don't object to me bringing my little horrors (they are 2 & 4) I am very happy to meet on either a monday or a friday. Let me know your thoughts and then perhaps I can throw some dates into the ring!

annikazam Thu 23-Oct-14 13:31:20

We could do a wednesday for those of us who are free midweek and then also a monday or a friday? (don't want anyone missing out and potential cake and cuppa opportunity!!)