Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Pending Payment Mystery with Supermarket

(5 Posts)
Moonwatcher1904 Sat 24-Feb-24 13:39:42

Has this ever happened to you?
We did some shopping at a local supermarket on Tuesday and we made two transactions there. Our online banking showed them as pending and yesterday our online shop delivery with the same supermarket showed that was pending. I've just checked my bank account and the online shop has been taken and there is nothing else pending. It's a mystery where the two items from Tuesday has gone.

Calendargirl Sat 24-Feb-24 16:30:48

Surely ‘pending’ means just that, i.e.waiting to be taken, and once it’s been ‘taken’, it’s no longer ‘pending’ and will disappear?

Apologies if I have misunderstood what’s been asked.

Grandmabatty Sat 24-Feb-24 16:44:11

It happens with Tesco and Next. It's to make sure there is money in the account to pay for goods apparently. I phoned my bank when it happened to me as I thought my card had been cloned 🙄. The money isn't actually taken from your account

BlueBelle Sat 24-Feb-24 16:52:25

It’s normal for lots of shops especially at a weekend and it might show pending until Monday morning

Moonwatcher1904 Sat 24-Feb-24 18:30:46

The two items from Tuesday are no longer showing as pending and the money is still in my account. The online shop I received yesterday has been paid. So it looks like they haven't taken the money for the Tuesday items.