Gransnet forums

Chat

Hello

(39 Posts)
jamsidedown Sat 30-Aug-14 20:10:08

Hi everyone, I couldn't find a Newbie thread so thought it only polite to say hello and introduce myself. I live in Hampshire, having moved from Warwickshire 18 months ago to be closer to our family. I have three grandchildren, GD 10 nearly 11 (going on 15 at least), GS aged 7 nearly 8 and 4 year old GD. I have been lurking for quite a few months, but decided to put my toe in the water - so, hello everyone.

goldengirl Sat 30-Aug-14 20:12:41

Welcome on board! But beware - GN is addictive smile

HildaW Sat 30-Aug-14 20:31:28

Hello jamsidedown, welcome and enjoy the ride!

Galen Sat 30-Aug-14 20:36:10

Hi!,

Anne58 Sat 30-Aug-14 20:47:19

Hello jamside (hope you don't mind me abbreviating your name!)

Welcome to GN, I've here practically since it first started, and have found it to be an fount of all knowledge, support, plus some damn good laughs!

Enjoy!

janerowena Sat 30-Aug-14 20:50:26

Hello! I moved to here (east Anglia) from Winchester, so I do hope you like it in that area, it's lovely.

Deedaa Sat 30-Aug-14 22:03:27

Hello jamsidedown I'm in Berkshire but have occasionally ventured as far as Hampshire smile it is a lovely part of the country.

hildajenniJ Sat 30-Aug-14 22:17:16

Hello jamsidedown and a big welcome to gnet from me in Northumberland. I joined earlier this year and have found these lovely people very wise and very funny.I've never visited Hampshire. The nearest I've been is Gloucestershire.

jamsidedown Sat 30-Aug-14 22:52:52

Hello and thank you all for your lovely welcome.

hildajenniJ Gloucestershire is gorgeous! Northumberland is on my list of places to visit in our motorhome, maybe next year. I have heard you have some great scenery.

Hi janerowena, I am about half an hour from Winchester, they have a great Christmas market. I have visited Suffolk - lovely flint churches!

Deedaa, OH comes from Windsor, like the Queen - ha ha

harrigran Sat 30-Aug-14 23:55:36

Welcome jamsidedown, I am in the next county to Northumberland and yes it is very scenic.

buzynanna Sun 31-Aug-14 01:02:39

Hello, I have just joined- didn't know anything like this existed ! It sounds lovely! Thought I would say hello to all, Have read a little on the site and must say it all looks really interesting , too! Don't know how my eyes are still open tho, been a verrry long day !!! smile

kittylester Sun 31-Aug-14 08:39:35

Hello to all newcomers and welcome from me! brew

I hope you like gn as much as I do! It is a great source of fun, gossip, support and intellectual debate! Try a visit to soop's kitchen where there is often a supply of cakes and tea or coffee!

henetha Sun 31-Aug-14 10:43:03

Hello new members above. Welcome to gn. It's lovely.
I'm in Devon where today is sunny and warm.

sparkygran Sun 31-Aug-14 11:07:46

I too say welcome newcomers I found GN some months ago and its very invigorating and a lot of laughs

Dragonfly1 Sun 31-Aug-14 11:18:08

Welcome from me too. Enjoy!

hildajenniJ Sun 31-Aug-14 14:23:25

Hello jamsidedown and a big welcome to gnet from me in Northumberland. I joined earlier this year and have found these lovely people very wise and very funny.I've never visited Hampshire. The nearest I've been is Gloucestershire.

Crow Sun 31-Aug-14 15:09:04

Welcome to the newcomers from me.
It is a very addictive site as others have warned!!!! I know because I have been here from the very early days.
flowers to you both.

Pittcity Sun 31-Aug-14 16:22:34

Hello newbies and welcome. Hope you have checked out your local Gransnet pages too.

I have to ration my time on GN otherwise I'd never see the light of day. There's always something interesting to join in with and no need to get dressed!

jamsidedown Sun 31-Aug-14 16:34:40

Hi everyone, thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice and information. I can see I am going to have to ration myself, otherwise I will never get my nose off my ipad!

Buzynanna it's good to have a fellow newbie! Hope to "meet" up with everyone on some of the various threads, which I never knew about - soops kitchen for example! What's that about? And does anyone have any advice on how do find threads?

Thank you.

Jammy

numberplease Sun 31-Aug-14 17:06:43

Welcome Jamsidedown and Buzynanna!

Pittcity Sun 31-Aug-14 18:18:03

The tabs at the top of the forums page are useful. I usually look at the threads that "I'm On" first then dip into the "Active" ones, which are those with the latest comments. If you want a particular subject use the search box and start a new conversation if you find nothing.

shysal Sun 31-Aug-14 18:22:02

Welcome newbies from me too. I hope you get as much pleasure from this site as I do.flowers flowers

Margsus Sun 31-Aug-14 18:36:04

Welcome from me too! I only joined Gransnet recently and wondered where to find fellow newbies.

Moonlightwalks Sun 31-Aug-14 18:43:14

Just a note to say Hello because I too have taken the plunge to join today. I have moved from Gloucestershire to Cornwall for peace and quiet and found this site so helpful and friendly. Looking forward to meet ups, chat and laughter. Thanks for a great way to use the modern technology! wine

buzynanna Sun 31-Aug-14 18:47:32

Hello all! Thank you to everyone for their warm welcome.smile I 've only had a very quick read around the site when I registered last night , but to be honest it was so late , I had to give in to sleep! I, too, am learning how and where to find everything! It looks so packed with so much interest , it's going to take a while, I can see! lol! (but b nice , I'm sure). Please bear with me folks if it's a while before you see a reply from me - thank you again for your warm welcome and to the other newbie - hello from me too! smile
Looking forward to getting back on here later this evening ... hoping to check out my local page too by then.
Oops! See what I mean ! I had meant to give a little about myself at the start of this post!! I live in Wales , I have 3 gorgeous grandsons aged 4, 3 and 2 months - love them all to bits. It 's really nice to have somewhere to look forward to reading / chatting - for me ! Until later then ! Take care all