Gransnet forums

Chat

Knickers

(64 Posts)
Nonu Wed 27-Aug-14 11:01:34

I was in M/S yesterday buying some new knickers[always get them from there, best quality] and at the racks of knickers were a couple about my age. The bloke was holding up different pairs and saying:- "These are pretty dear". FAIR ENOUGH

I made my purchases and moved down to PER UNA to see if there were any bargains to be had on the sale rails. blow me down the same couple turned up there, and going through the same process!!

Now, not a lot irritates me frankly, but men in lingerie and dress departments just gets on my pip. Mr N would NEVER dream of that and to be frank I wouldn't want him there anyway, I am quite capable of selecting my own underwear and outer clothing.

I just find it a bit odd really, probably just me.

Anyway, Wey Hey !

Galen Fri 29-Aug-14 20:42:08

Nytsom the vodka jellies and the whacky baccy at the virtual parties are something else.
However you do have to watch out for Donald/Duncan the cat/dog!

rosequartz Fri 29-Aug-14 20:27:41

Hide the key, quick!

If I didn't purchase DH's combinations regularly he would be walking around in rags.

NanKate Fri 29-Aug-14 19:43:32

That's the safest place to keep you PapaO.

papaoscar Fri 29-Aug-14 19:41:09

My combinations are well and truly locked, Nonu, trouble is I can't get out!

NanKate Fri 29-Aug-14 19:32:33

Nytsom you must feel you have hit the ground running when you joined all us old ravers on GN yesterday. Little did you think you would be into a variety of knickers so quickly. grin

Wait till you join us on one of our virtual parties which includes alcohol, food, pole dancing and incontinence paraphernalia. hmm

Nytsom Fri 29-Aug-14 17:21:08

Thanks for the welcome.
Seem life itself, sometimes directs us to situations that look to be unusual for the opposite sex.

Nonu Fri 29-Aug-14 16:51:40

Oh PAPA, don"t tell me you don"t allow MRS PAPA to buy your undergarments, is that not wives are for, purchasing your combinations !
grin

papaoscar Fri 29-Aug-14 16:33:13

Ladies browsing through gentlemen's underwear? I think not, indeed! The only persons having acess to my drawers are the the gardener, and the memsahib on special occasions. Sadly, we can't afford a butler any more.

Nonu Fri 29-Aug-14 15:41:36

Or even ABOARD, Demob fever kicking again .
LOL

Nonu Fri 29-Aug-14 15:40:07

We are NOT all narrow minded NYTSOM, some of us can be quite racy, when we put our minds to it.

I see you a Newbie , welcome abroad and enjoy!!

smile

Lona Fri 29-Aug-14 15:21:06

Thanks Nytsom, I posted earlier on the thread (Wed 27th 14.15pm) that women are often to be found in the men's dept.

I'm glad to know that my husbands weren't alone in buying underwear for their wife.

Nytsom Fri 29-Aug-14 15:17:25

Why?
Do you think there are topics that men know nothing about? We cannot multi task as well as the Female species; but we can be quite versatile!

Ladies browsing gentlemen's underwear wouldn't bother me in the least.

In the past, I have purchased female underwear for my wife, daughter and for my late Mum, when she was in Hospital. That never bothered me either.

Only when I stumbled upon this thread did I realise that some women could be so narrow minded. Seems the attitude of some is quite PANT'S! shock

gillyg Fri 29-Aug-14 14:25:58

Oh, and this is a brilliant way to put off doing the ironing smile

gillyg Fri 29-Aug-14 14:22:47

As a complete newcomer here, have had such a good laugh over this. But have to admit to being quite intrigued seeing chaps posting on Gransnet. You are very brave souls!

feetlebaum Fri 29-Aug-14 12:15:10

Ah memories - buying little gifts of dainty under-wossnames for a particular popsie - in one of the S. Weiss shops - but going shopping for such things when married or at least shacked up - no! Mind you, not as boring as buying socks for self...

Memories...

Marty Fri 29-Aug-14 11:15:41

Men should never linger in the lingerie dept. It is most off putting. I always think men look shifty when they hang around the bras and knickers with their wives or girlfriends. My husband would rather commit murder than buy me underwear - thank goodness. And I would never ask him to. But I love it when he takes me clothes shopping because he has great taste and likes expensive stuff that I would never normally look at.

Nytsom Fri 29-Aug-14 10:03:41

Don't know why I clicked on this thread? But it's made me laugh! Must agree with this statement though : >>

"The only acceptable time for men to be handling our knickers is when we are actually wearing them." blush

Flowerofthewest Thu 28-Aug-14 22:10:27

I did find Father Ted in the lingerie dept rather amusing

papaoscar Thu 28-Aug-14 20:52:05

Yes, I stopped accompanying Her Royal Harness to the lingerie department a long time ago after an unfortunate incident one Christmas when I offered to purchase Herself a special boxed set of minimalistic Yuletide knicknackery complete with red and white frills, bows and furry bits. The resulting explosion was seismic and my poor ears are still sore from the boxing they received. Never again!

jamsidedown Thu 28-Aug-14 17:44:11

Maybe it was Grayson Perry ��

Starling Thu 28-Aug-14 16:09:40

Well we could try the approach mentioned by glammanana to drive strange gentlemen out of M&S lingerie sections, ie ask them their opinion on our proposed purchases.... however I can see this could go badly wrong...... blush

Pittcity Thu 28-Aug-14 16:02:17

Told DH about this thread. His retort was, "The only time I'll go underwear shopping with you is if it in Ann Summers!" He knows I much prefer the safe big knickers in M&S grin

glammanana Thu 28-Aug-14 15:21:48

My OH would rather stick pins in his eyes than come shopping for anything clothes wise with me,it arises from a lady many years ago in M&S lingerie dept asking his thoughts on a couple of pairs of fancy knickers she was intending to buy never again has he accompanied me on a shopping trip,poor man. grin

janerowena Thu 28-Aug-14 12:12:15

grin I thought it was only me that had that sort of thing happen!

Soutra Wed 27-Aug-14 22:25:31

DH used to buy lovely Janet Reger silk nightdresses and Lejaby underwear for my C ... present but one year made a BAD colour choice - red with black lace which I thought looked like something a hooker would wear so I went to John Lewis to return/change it. Assistant at the till asked if there was anything wrong with it and I just said that I simply thought it looked cheap (it wasn't)and tarty . She gave me a funny look and I realised to my horror the woman in the queue behind me was buying the same stuff. Oops!